No. You can connect the Rigaku KT-100S to your mobile or desktop using Wifi. You can connect to a desktop using a USB cable. Watch the video to see how easy it is to access your results on any web browser using the IP address of the analyzer.
To connect to a PC using the USB cord, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have admin-level access on your PC during the first connection in order to properly install the drivers needed to access the analyzer. The drivers are also included (with instructions) on the flash drive that comes with the analyzer.
- Open the USB door located just behind the handle of the analyzer.
- Plug the micro-USB end of the cord into the micro-USB port.
- Plug the other end of the USB cord into a USB port on your PC.
- Once connected, you will open up your web browser of choice and type in the IP address of the KT-100S into the address bar. You can find the IP address in the communications area of the Main Menu.
- This will bring you to the Rigaku home screen of your analyzer which you will log into and view your results.
- If you would like to use Wifi instead, turn the Wifi signal on in the communications area of the Main Menu and select the same network that the PC or mobile device is connected to.
- Once connected to the correct Wifi network, open up your mobile or desktop browser and enter the IP address into the address bar to log in and see your results.